Title: Senior UG Mining Engineer (Drill & Blast)
Location: Western US, flexible
Summary: Our client is a major global company, with a well-established explosives business.
We are helping them to identify a Senior Underground Mining Engineer, for their new US operations. This person will ensure that the development and implementation of practical mine plans apply drill and blast best practices. They will work closely with the Sales team during all phases of project development, including customer field trials.
They will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Undertake options analysis to continuously improve design and sequencing in blasting.
- Contribute in managing development process for new product technology along with critical path scheduling from engineering design, manufacturing procedures, commissioning and field demonstrations at customer sites.
- Ensure the product produced meets industry and company standards
- Contribute to product design and the establishment of requirements if required
- Maintain awareness of developments in technologies of potential benefit to the company
- Act as a point of contact for customer technical queries
- Act a point of contact with third parties to obtain technical information and techniques of potential benefit to the company
- Plan all technical aspects of projects
- Producing forecasts to project performance against twenty-four month budget
- Ensure long term objectives are captured and prioritized within monthly mine plans
- Compile blast planning and drilling patterns in line with achieving the medium and long-range plans
- Integrate long term infrastructure construction and maintenance projects pertinent to mine plan
- Provide Chief Engineer, Superintendents and Managers information and guidance as to potential areas of concern regarding the medium and long-range plans
- Solve basic blasting and drilling issues relating to ground control problems and work with geotechnical engineering group and operations to address more advanced concerns
- Incorporate the use of automation and application of digital technologies within mine design and planning
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering or related field
- Supervisory experience preferred
- At least five (5) yearsâ experience in the mining industry
- Five (5) yearsâ experience in underground drilling and blasting
- Exposure to underground short-term mine planning
- Have good knowledge of, and a strong network within the global detonator market
- Knowledge in chemical and mechanical engineering would be a bonus
- Experience working in a mining operation with exposure to a broad spectrum of practical and technical areas
- Proficient in the use of mine planning software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills excellent safety record with the ability to demonstrate safety leadership