Summary: Our Client is seeking a driven Senior Metallurgist to be based in Arizona, in a highly accessible/commutable urban location.This is an exciting opportunity to become a valued member of their producing, multi-property Copper/Base Metals company. The Company is Canadian based and focused on growth and sustainability in politically stable, mining friendly jurisdictions.
As a Senior Metallurgist, you will support the mine, processing, administration, and exploration/geology departments by providing timely and accurate information. You will be responsible for the optimization and coordination of all metallurgical activities to ensure minerals are recovered in the safest and most cost-effective manner possible. Qualifications
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of base metal flotation experience and strong experience in comminution and flotation optimization
- Ability to conduct inspections of crushers, ball mills, hydroyclones, and flotation cells during plant shutdowns, and work with maintenance personnel to address identified issues.
- Ability to direct metallurgical functions with emphasis on developing reliable methods to increase Copper/Molybdenum grades and recoveries.
- Ability to maintain accurate metallurgical balances and reporting and forecast accurate annual copper and molybdenum production.
- Ability to work closely with mine engineering regarding scheduled ore delivery and communicate in advance any prospective metallurgical problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge to troubleshoot metallurgical technical issues affecting plant performance.
- Ability to ensure reliable, accurate operation of plant analysis equipment including, automated samplers, On-Stream Analyzers, and Particle Size Analyzers.
- Supervise and perform plant and laboratory test work to optimize and troubleshoot operational issues.