Title: Quality Control Manager
Location: ` Idaho Falls ID:
Compensation: DOE, Market Competitive
Relocation: Company Paid
Summary: The Quality Control Manager is responsible for the execution of the Company wide Quality Assurance / Quality Control process and continuous quality improvement. Works closely with the General Manager, Plant Managers, Production Managers, and Construction Project Managers to assure, maintain and document all aspects of quality management. Implement changes when necessary to maintain quality. Drives quality and continuous improvement throughout the company.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Companyâs Quality Control / Quality Assurance program for aggregate production, concrete production, concrete delivery and concrete placement. This includes the supervision and operation of a concrete and aggregate testing lab. This also includes the responsibility for managing and performing the daily QC responsibilities of specific projects to ensure the project is in accordance with the established specifications and standards.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Chemistry or Engineering related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years of quality control experience in the concrete, and aggregates industry. Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- ACI Field Grade I Certification
- NRMCA Field Grade II Certification
- NRMCA Concrete Technologist Level 2&3 Certifications
- Possess experience in QMS administration and management
- Experience in the management of and providing leadership for quality management teams
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical process control tools and statistical analysis.
- Expertise in data entry/database navigation; word processing; spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with the ISO process and ISO documentation.
- Committed to continuous process improvement
- Skilled in setting up test processes, and tracking and documenting results
- Capable of reading and evaluating engineering drawings
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with and train others
- Knowledge and understanding of MSHA regulation in an industrial setting
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in an industrial plant environment; need to be hands-on and frequently active in plant operations
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of concrete mix design
- Experience and expertise in concrete production troubleshooting (slump, air, strength, pumpability, finishability)
- Experience and expertise in aggregate production troubleshooting (gradation, moisture/density curve, effect on concrete and other products)
- Honesty / Integrity â demonstrates truthfulness and maintains credibility in the workplace.
- Initiative â ability to make decisions or take actions to solve problems or reach a goal.
- Judgment â ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Leadership â ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Problem Solving â ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with problems.
- Project Management â ability to organize and direct project to completion.
- Relationship Building â ability to effectively build relationships with customers and employees.
- Reliability â consistent and dependable performance
- Time Management â ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Requires a strong understanding of field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents such as scientific and technical journals, and legal documents. Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the management team. Effectively present information to customers, top management, public groups, and/or design engineers.
Respond productively to changing priorities and workload
Quality Control Manager Responsibilities:
- Direct the operationsâ quality assurance system as a means to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure quality expectations of customers are met.
- Facilitate continuous improvement efforts to ensure process improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Provide âtroubleshootingâ guidance and advice, various customers both internal and external.
- Manage the Quality Control Lab Tech teams.
- Lead investigations of Internal, Customer, and Supplier non-conformances to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Work with the General Manager, Plant Managers, Production Managers, and Construction Project Managers to determine where process parameter variations occur, recommending changes, as necessary, documenting analysis data.
- Maintain the gage and lab equipment and documentation, ensuring scheduled calibration of all plant and quality control test equipment are performed.
- Monitor Lab activity and documentation. Reviews testing analysis for workflow and quality issues.
- Complete and approve all Certificates of Analysis (COAâs).
- Submit periodic reports, including Inspection reports.
- Perform Internal Auditing, customer audits and third party audits.
- Maintain QMS documentation and data control.
- Train employees on continuous improvement processes and QMS training.
- Maintain a positive employee environment, while properly motivating and documenting workforce performance.
- Develop and examine statistical data and product specifications to determine appropriate standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy for finished products.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives.
- Monitor and determine raw material acceptability by conducting frequent material inspections and by sampling and performing physical tests.
- Determine disposition of finished products by collecting, classifying, analyzing, and interpreting production and quality data, judging product acceptability in comparison to project specifications.
- Interact with owners, customers, vendors, and delivery personnel as required to investigate and resolve quality issues.
- Troubleshoot and solve situations resulting from material and/or mechanical problems.
- Interface with customers/owners/engineers for new or existing product trials or to discuss project specifications.
- Assist customers/owners/engineers in using products in a way that maximizes end product performance
- Assure that company operations are conducted according to highest standards in regard to safety, quality and workmanship, ethical standards, and profitability expectations
- Schedule QC Department for a variety of projects
- Assure all test results and verifications are within specification
- Document finished product status by recording and summarizing raw material testing, finished-product inspections and physical test data; update regularly the quality assurance database.
- Maintain product quality documentation system by writing or revising quality assurance procedures.
- Quickly close out corrective action requests and quickly complete failure analysis, root cause analysis work.
- Maintain quality assurance standards by following quality assurance policies and procedures, reporting any needed changes to upper management.
- Provide feedback to management team related to customer activities, project status, manufacturing processes and conditions, QA/QC procedures and tests, drivers, and other critical requirements.
- Research the quality and design of materials for bidding projects, design and implement better methods, and research new techniques.
Perform related duties as assigned and required.