Responsible for (including but not limited to) providing skill, expertise and planning for Process Control Systems for mining systems (mining, crushing, conveying, milling, flotation, and SXEW) to ensure safe and efficient production controls.
- Ensure all employees are working in compliance with MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned (as necessary).
- Conducts work activities safely and in accordance with schedules and plans, and adheres to relevant regulations, laws, standards and operating procedures.
- Complies with collective bargaining agreement.
- Spends appropriate time in field and ensures that critical controls for material risks are being correctly and uniformly applied and used by all teams.
- Prepares plans that allow for the proper management of resources.
- Demonstrate and instill an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Deliver against targets and budgets for Safety, Planning, Process Control and Cost.
- Ensure critical controls for material risks are in place and effective, and that standards and specifications are adhered to.
- Ensures work schedules and plans are fulfilled on time.
- Deliver against performance targets.
- Positively influence and shape the culture to ensure a safe, sustainable and disciplined approach to work.
- Provide input into long-term planning (Resource Development Plan, 5 year plan, etc.) and achieves goals and targets for the Process Control engineering sub-functions in line with those plans (2 year budget and short-range forecast, etc.).
- Contributes to initiatives to optimize existing business systems, processes, practices and equipment to improve the overall performance of the function.
- Document and communicate effectively with peers and internal customers.
- Promote a safe work culture for employees and contractors.
- 1SAP or SAP experience.
- Emphasis in process control systems, preferably with mining experience. (Wonderware)
- Successfully complete In-house testing where required.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Bachelorâs degree or equivalent experience in Process Control.
- A minimum of 4 years as guiding and influencing practice in Electrical, with emphasis on digital control systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical theories and practices.
- Ability to gain agreement and meet goals for improvement.
- Design and develop new systems for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook.