Responsible for (including but not limited to) providing skill, leadership, expertise and planning for Process Control Systems for mining systems (mining, crushing, conveying, milling, flotation, and SXEW) to ensure safe and efficient production controls.
- Ensure all employees are working in compliance with MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned (as necessary).
- Conducts work activities safely and in accordance with schedules and plans, and adheres to relevant regulations, laws, standards and operating procedures.
- Complies with collective bargaining agreement.
- Spends appropriate time in field and ensures that critical controls for material risks are being correctly and uniformly applied and used by all teams.
- Prepares plans that allow for the proper management of resources.
- Demonstrate and instill an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Interact daily with our operators, maintenance and metallurgy personnel.
- Support the health, safety, environmental, and quality (HSEC) programs by participating in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with corporate programs and policies.
- Analyze operating procedures, process data trends, and equipment unit operation functions and process program parameters to optimize the process.
- Consult with operations, metallurgy, engineering, contractors, consultants, and technical personnel to resolve problems such as equipment or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- Assist maintenance and production departments in troubleshooting, training, and providing technical support.
- Lead process control department to diagnose, evaluate, and correct plant deficiencies implementing sustainable solutions both with and without capital investment.
- Understand and use the process simulation model to test new ideas. You will be accountable to provide new ideas, insights, and direction for new processing alternatives to improve product recovery and quality.
- Utilize expertise in process evaluation, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills to mentor process control technicians.
- Lead process hazard assessments and investigations and manage reporting and compliance of refinery process safety management program
- 1SAP or SAP experience.
- Emphasis in process control systems, preferably with mining experience. (Wonderware)
- Successfully complete In-house testing where required.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Bachelorâs Degree in Process Control, Metallurgical or like fields. Or 10 yearsâ experience in field.
- Minimum 5 – 10 yearsâ experience in an industrial environment. Experience in mineral processing preferred.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to interact effectively with operationâs and maintenance personnel at all levels.
- Strong problem solver, strategic thinking and analytically capable. Be able to pre-empt problems before they arise.
- Working knowledge of Mining processing plant.
- Adept at using historian trending packages to troubleshooting process upsets and modify/build SQL reports (INSQL, SQL) Wonderware knowledge preferred.
- Experience using process S.C.A.DA. systems Familiarity with Wonderware a plus.
- Proven understanding of PLC programming, PID theory S.C.A.DA. systems.
- Working understanding of instrumentation and process control systems. Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation and background in writing control algorithms for process optimization a plus.