Title: Principal Rock Mechanics/Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Compensation: $170-190k, plus benefits, performance bonus, potential shareholding
Relocation: Company assistance provided
Reports to: Practice Leader/Geomechanics
Direct Reports: None
Our Client is an international employee-owned firm that provides specialist technical consulting to the mining industry. We are seeking a Principal Rock Mechanics/Geotechnical Engineer. Assignments will include technical input to and management of projects, preparation of technical reports, coaching and mentoring junior staff and the ability to develop and maintain client relationships. Significant growth and promotional opportunity exists for outstanding candidates.
Duties and responsibilities also include:
- Application of geotechnical and rock mechanics principles to surface and underground mine design problems including slope stability, ground support design, ground control monitoring and planning, ground stabilization and rock mass classification and other geotechnical data collection.
- Performing rock mass characterization analyses of field data;
- Employing empirical mine design methods for geotechnical design parameters;
- Performing stability analysis of mine extraction sequences;
- Competent report writing; and;
- Ability to communicate with wide array of professionals (from miners to executives, both technical and non-technical in nature)
- Project/Time/Cost Management â perform work within budget, meet deadlines for delivery of results, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Consulting on projects for North American and International clients, requiring travel as necessary.
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Masterâs degree in Mining Engineering, Geotechnical and/or Geological Engineering with an emphasis on rock mechanics, slope stability, or related areas, or equivalent experience;
- 10 to 15 yearsâ experience in rock mechanics, slope stability, and geotechnical engineering â preferably in operational/mine setting, some consulting experience is considered a plus,
- P.E. license;
- Knowledge of and application in software: Vulcan, Leapfrog, SBlock, FLAC, FLAC3D, Slide, Phase2, and GeoMos;
- Ability to employ sound knowledge/judgment on geotechnical topics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and mentoring experience
- Recognized as an established consultant and has developed specialized knowledge in a particular field within geomechanics;
- An established network of contacts, including management level in mining industry.
Lindsey Schultz â Corporate VP