Title: Mine Controller
Location: South Texas
Summary â Our client is one of North Americaâs largest independently owned construction and mining companies. We are helping them to identify a Mine Controller, for a surface coal operation in South Texas. Reporting to the Mine, General Manager, the focus of this role will be maximizing the organizationâs profitability, while providing insight and analysis to support operationâs business decisions. They will assist with budgeting and forecasting activities; identifying and mitigating financial reporting and fraud risk through a structured internal control management process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage transactional streams for purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Cash management, initiating payments and completing bank reconciliations.
- Ensure the continued growth in profitability by maximizing current operating efficiencies, driving effective cost management; realizing the benefits of innovation, business process improvements and IT system optimization
- Manage the integration, standardization and automation of financial, operational and equipment reporting needs
- Lead the definition, evaluation and mitigation strategies for the potential financial reporting and fraud risk for responsible business areas
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure timely recognition and recording of mine performance
- Provide financial expertise and support to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and mine management.
- In coordination with the FP&A analyst drive the consolidated budget and forecasting process that supports the organizationâs strategic objectives with the effective use of capital and the generation of positive free cash flow
- Help develop and manage systematic forecasting solutions that are integrated with JD Edwards and allow for a simple, timely and accurate forecasting process.
- Work with operations leaders to develop and maintain key financial drivers and buildup of the life of mine plan.
- Develop and maintain financial models that can be used for ad hoc and âwhat ifâ analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual Board and bank forecast presentations.
- Bachelorâs degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA qualification. Minimum of 5 yearsâ experience, ideally some of which should be in mining, heavy construction, large equipment etc.
- Experience with full cycle accounting, including business forecasting and full financial statement modeling
- Knowledge of strategic planning and ability to assist with forecasting, budgeting and financial modeling analysis and evaluation.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS, as applied to mining operations.
- Knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and Sarbanes-Oxley legislation requirements for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
- Knowledge of information technology including use of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial, accounting, reporting and transaction processing system (JD Edwards preferred)
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure