- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and private funding, contracts, and grants
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors, and clients
- Resolve accounting discrepancies
- Recommend, develop, and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the companyâs automated financial systems
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations and other administrative actions
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with others.
- Respects the unique contributions of all individuals.
- Supports a working environment where differences are appreciated, valued, and encouraged.
- Seeks to understand the circumstances, needs and perspectives of others.
- Promotes high levels of accountability and employee empowerment.
- Committed to continuously improving the safe and efficient operation of the process
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems, especially those problems centered around our license to operate.
People Skills: – Team building skills – Good written and verbal communications skills
Technical Skills: – Knowledge of Oracle functions and OTL – Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Three to five years of accounting experience and successful completion of CPA exams Education, Qualifications, Tickets, Licensesâ¦
- Requires Bachelorâs Degree in Accounting