Our Client is seeking a Superintendent Reliability to be based in Arizona, in a highly accessible/commutable urban location. This is an exciting opportunity to become a valued member of their producing, multi-property Copper/Base Metals company. The Company is Canadian based and focused on growth and sustainability in politically stable, mining friendly jurisdictions.
- We are looking for a dynamic, flexible, hands-on Reliability Superintendent that will be responsible for: (including but not limited to)
Effective execution of Reliability and Condition Monitoring activities and functions;
to ensure that Maintenance strategies are optimized to achieve the asset life and performance; and to ensure goals and KPIs for HSEC, Production, Maintenance, Quality and Cost are achieved for the overall processing area and for Reliability and Condition Monitoring Maintenance.
- Collect/Analyze data to predict and prevent failures through oil analysis, vibration analysis, thermographic analysis, non-destructive testing and other technologies as required.
- Actively investigate equipment failure modes to identify the root cause and provide actions for maintenance strategy correction or to Engineering for change management.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting as required.
- Develop, Detail and Scope all CAPEX projects within the Processing Department.
- Work with other Superintendents, Planning and Engineering to determine the overall strategy and plans for the department and provides expertise, knowledge and guidance for maintenance related to predictive and preventive maintenance; equipment reliability and condition monitoring, etc.
- Extensive Mill Process Operations / Concentrator / Maintenance experience required
- Strong technical background with working knowledge of theories, practices, methods and procedures in reliability engineering maintenance, condition monitoring and other functions.
- Detailed knowledge of reliability engineering techniques and analysis (RCA, FMEA) and/or OEM recommendations required.
- Knowledge with FLIR thermography, CSI vibration, oil analysis and non-destructive testing highly regarded.
- Detailed knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance processes and practices.
- Detailed knowledge of theories and practices in condition monitoring techniques required.
- Knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) required.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the applicable legislation and regulations for mines and mineral processing plants.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (or a related degree and/or experience), with Reliability Engineering experience & Licensed Professional Engineer preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of Maintenance / Reliability Engineering related experience in production execution areas.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience in guiding and influencing practice in maintenance reliability and/or condition monitoring in a mining environment.
- Familiarity with processing equipment.
- Understanding and knowledge of reliability engineering techniques, including but not limited to root cause analysis (RCA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), lubrication analysis and/or Instrumentation, etc.
- Makes effective contributions using team concept, ability to manage, influence and work within a multi discipline Maintenance team.
- Intermediate to Proficient computer skills, spreadsheets; Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- SAP experience (familiarity with SAP Asset Management a plus).