PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Superintendent Process Operations is responsible for overseeing the safe and cost-effective operation of a copper process facility which include, grinding (including SAG/Ball mill circuits), conveying, flotation, thickening, concentrate and filtering unit operations, tailings facility operations. The Superintendent works closely with the, Maintenance department and Chief Metallurgist to sustain and optimize mill run time and performance in a union free workplace.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve Process budgeted tons, budgeted recovery, produce budgeted copper pounds and coordinate all process operations activities. Continuously review and recommend potential production improvement strategies to meet or exceed production objectives.
- Consistently enforce company policies and MSHA regulations. Foster an accident free and safe working environment.
- In addition to meeting production budgets and forecasts. Monitor production costs to not exceed budgeted targets. Continuously review and recommend potential cost savings to meet or reduce unit cost objectives.
- Maintain overall process plant operation and internal processing units in an environmentally responsible way and within federal, state, and local regulations minimizing the operationâs impact to the environment.
- Encourage low production costs through innovation, keeping abreast of new technology and communicating with process operations, mill technical services and maintenance personnel to collaborate new ideas and thoughts on operating improvements.
- Communicate goals and information to process department employees. Work with Human Resources Representatives to resolve conflicts and maintain a harmonious work environment. Interface with mine and metallurgical technical staff to improve productivity and profitability.
Work closely with the Process Maintenance Superintendent to ensure minimal disruptions of process operations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Previous Work Experience Required
- Minimum of ten years mineral processing experience including five years in a copper/base metal concentrator.
- Five years of progressive supervisory experience in Mill operations.
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering is desirable.
- Equivalent years of related experience can be substituted for the degree requirements.
- Special Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Thorough working knowledge of processing operations and metallurgy including the functions and responsibilities of support departments.
- Organizational, communication and team building skills also required.
- Special Equipment/Computer Knowledge Required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.