Summary â Our client has several operating mines in the state, and we are helping them to identify a Superintendent Information Systems. Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Supply this person will oversee the administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure throughout the operations.
They will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure.
- Implements network security at the regional level as established by corporate Security
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of infrastructure and directs more junior Innovators when necessary.
- Oversees the administration of the WAN.
- Manages and develops upgrades to the telephone system.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of computer stations and software for IT training programs and provides additional support if necessary.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides support when necessary.
- Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
- Oversees all help desk activities
- Ensures that help desk reporting is accurate and meaningful.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of tracking software.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- In alignment with Supply Chain, builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- In alignment with Supply Chain, manages the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies at the site level.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by the company.
- Trains other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Encourages more junior IT staff to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges fellow IT staff to progress toward their professional development goals
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Senior Network Coordinator or Business Analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT, if degreed, 10 years if not.
- Solid knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects with tight timelines.
- Knowledge of employee and team management.
- Knowledge of budget and finance management and accountability.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows products