Summary: Exciting opportunity in a high-tech, creative, innovative, and market-leader space. This position plans and implements sales and marketing programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets. This is a multi-faceted position where your input drives impact in the development of the company. This position reports directly to the C-suite. The role requires regional, national, and international travel amounting to at least 30% of the time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing forecasts and operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, social media, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss margins and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee the momentum and achievement of marketing objectives.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image for all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and achieve sales and marketing programs and goals. Motivates and empowers staff to achieve goals.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and monitors expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing bookings, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
Provides customer and market insights for product research and development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred
- Minimum of ten years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities
- Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques and financial principles including margin analysis, lease and financing models, and return on investment.
Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with management, internal and external customers.
- Driven and successful history in sales and building teams
- Capable of developing complex sales strategies
- Experience in or preference for nimble organizations
- Fluidity across organizations, in work groups, and in customer engagements
- Team player – Coachable and ability to coach
- Entrepreneurial – ability to build things from scratch
- Lifelong learner; intelligent
- High emotional intelligence
- Personable, good written and verbal skills
Lindsey Schultz, Corporate VP