RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES: reports to Superintendent, Environmental Permitting
- Responsible for all requirements in the mineâs Water Pollution Control Permit (WPCP)
- Compile and submit reports required by company management and regulatory agencies
- Plan, organize, implement, monitor, evaluate and support all environmental projects on the mine.
- Interface with regulatory and other governmental representatives as required
- Provide leadership in the execution of regulatory compliance activities for various programs, including but not limited to Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and Environmental Emissions Inventory (Nevada Class II air permit requirements)
- Monitor performance reports for trends and conditions and take corrective action to reduce or eliminate problems.
- Ensure compliance of environmental, health, and safety regulations by identifying and analyzing problems, then finalizing suggestions and recommendations for improvements to mine management.
- Support all mine compliance processes as required by state, federal and local agencies.
- Determines and assesses environmental risk and develops regulatory documentation of results
- Performs hazardous waste site inspections and recommends appropriate action to management in compliance with regulations
- Reviews and develops appropriate recommendations regarding planned expansion, modification or closure of facilities which affect environmental discharges, emissions, and hazardous materials
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- Contributes to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for environmental systems and issues
- Provides leadership to less experienced engineers and technicians
- Investigate accidents, near misses or problem areas and recommend future preventive measures including alternative methods or fixtures to alleviate hazards.
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Five (5) years of engineering experience in environmental management, including project management experience Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (such as Environmental, Civil, Chemical, Agriculture, Mining, Metallurgical, Geological or similar Engineering discipline Special Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong Health, Safety and Environmental background
- Strong organizational skills
Special Equipment/Computer Knowledge Required:
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Mine sight software