This position is responsible for supervising hourly mechanical and electrical maintenance technicians. The supervisor must be able to focus on safety, environmental compliance, asset protection and production simultaneously. This is a hands-on supervisor role responsible for managing Process Department maintenance activities, which includes, but may not be limited to all of the gold processing facilities, tailing systems, site services and utilities, and Mineral Lab. This supervisor will interact with many different work groups and departments and must be able to work well with others. During pre-production, this individual will be operating and maintaining the water treatment plant, assisting with pre-operation activities, assisting with commissioning and start-up activities and providing site-wide maintenance support as needed.
Actively drive Companysâ behavior-based safety and environmental stewardship culture. Fosters a high-performance work environment that encourages employee ownership and participation in safety and improvement initiatives. Supervise, coach, and mentor maintenance technicians, safely, responsibly, and efficiently. Hands-on maintenance and repairs of mechanical and electrical equipment as needed. Ensure equipment availability to achieve safety, quality, and production targets. Coordinate all maintenance activities with the Planner and appropriate operations personnel. Ensure all maintenance records are maintained in a timely and organized manner. Records must be easily reviewed by management and other stakeholders. Schedule work assignments for mechanical and electrical/instrumentation technicians. Approve time sheets, overtime, and time-off. Conduct employee performance evaluations. Generate purchase requisitions required for parts, equipment and supplies needed for maintenance and other activities. Schedule and oversee contractors, as required. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and act as a catalyst for continuous improvement. Other responsibilities may be added as management deems necessary for the successful operation of the Haile Gold Mine.
- Proven leader in relation to behavior-based safety. Leads by example.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with others.
- Promotes high levels of accountability and employee empowerment.
- Committed to continuously improving the safe and efficient operation of the process.
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems, especially those problems that affect safety and/or our license to operate.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
Scheduling Skills: Must be able to effectively schedule and oversee staff.
- Proven commitment to behavior-based safety culture.
- Must have good computer skills and ability to write reports. Will be required to enter and retrieve data from asset management systems.
- Must have the ability to obtain an industrial wastewater certification class D license.
- Ability to maintain and repair basic industrial process equipment including, but not limited to crushers, mills, pumps, conveyors, screens, flotation cells, agitators, and thickeners.
- Requires the ability to maintain mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Required the ability to troubleshoot and maintain control systems.
- Ability to perform welding or certify welding is beneficial.
- Ability to operate industrial mobile equipment is required.
- Working knowledge of behavior-based safety systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of safe work procedures such as lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry and other procedures is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project is preferred.
- Working knowledge of asset management systems including supply chain, planning and scheduling tools is required.
- Working knowledge of industrial processes, process equipment, process controls and associated maintenance needs is required.
- Working knowledge of industrial mobile equipment and safe use is required.
- Working knowledge of welding methods and procedures is required.
- Must be able to perform and apply mathematical functions appropriate for skilled industrial crafts.
- Ability to apply logical and rational thinking to address technical and non-technical issues within the plant and workforce. Experience:
- At least ten (10) yearsâ experience performing maintenance and supervising maintenance technicians in an industrial plant is required.
- Experience using preventative and predictive maintenance systems and tools is required, and knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) is beneficial
- Hands on experience maintaining industrial process equipment and systems is preferred.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting, identifying root cause analysis and implementing repairs and improvements to process systems is beneficial.
- Experience working with process chemicals is preferred.
- Experience using Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques is beneficial. Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher education.
- Vocational training in industrial trades.