JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all process maintenance services functions. The Process Maintenance Superintendent will organize and lead the maintenance team supporting process, laboratory, and water management operations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead a team of electrical, instrumentation and mechanical personnel to maximize operational efficiencies in all areas of process and minimize unscheduled downtime with a focus on safety and environmental stewardship
- Support and promote a working environment of participatory management and continuous improvement
- Investigate and implement opportunities to increase competitive advantages and align them with the organizationâs overall strategy
- Lead the development of all maintenance and operating systems, procedures and protocols necessary for safe and efficient operation of all process facilities
- Detailed knowledge of Preventative and Predictive Maintenance techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of asset management systems including work order and supply chain integration.
- Experience in supervising and managing personnel in heavy industrial environment
- Experience and thorough understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
- Knowledge and training in Root Cause Analysis methods.
- Sound knowledge of participatory management practices including SPC and lean manufacturing.
Good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to ensure that work areas and process operations are in compliance with all operating permits, EHS policies and regulations.
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple crews of full-time employees and contractors.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of employees in a positive and cooperative manner for mutual success and the success of the company.
- Ability to review progress and to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Ability to set priorities and allocate resources accordingly.
- Develop and implement business practices and policies within the process team.
- Ability to quantify economic benefits associated with proposed and implemented process modifications.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mineral Process Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related field is preferred.
- Satisfactory combination of education and experience in the job related functions of this job will be considered as substitute for items listed above.
- Ten (10) years of management experience in heavy industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience supervising, enhancing and monitoring a team of maintenance staff.
- Experience developing systems and measures that appropriately assess the process teamâs performance.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English will be essential to ensure interaction with senior management level employees through operating level employees occurs at a high level of confidence.
- The ability to write and review detailed technical reports is essential.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- 2. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with others.
- 3. Promotes high levels of accountability and employee empowerment.
- 4. Committed to continuously improving the safe and efficient operation of the process. Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems, especially those problems centered around safety and our license to operate.
- 5. Demonstrates a strong commitment to developing and promoting talent.