PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION To provide a full range of Human Resources and associated Regulatory Compliance activities and services to the Client including supporting, embracing and living our culture. Plan, organize, direct, and provide leadership to the Human Resource function to support the achievement of Company’s strategic plan, and the short and long-term objectives, while maintaining a union free workplace. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all local benefit and compensation plan administration, including gainshare and performance/evaluation programs while working closely with the Corporate Office.
- Participate as a member of Company’s senior management team including involvement in decisions which affect the livelihood of employees and family members.
- Assist with site training activities as required.
- Prepare and administer both short and long-term Human Resources planning related to staffing, recruiting, succession planning, and union avoidance strategy.
- Maintain timely preparation and distribution of weekly and monthly reports and communication programs including Employee Information Bulletins and the company Newsletter.
- Prepare and recommend employee and management development training programs and team building activities which will enhance working relationships and build trust.
- Develop and maintain sound, fair, consistent, and competitive Human Resources programs which are economically reasonable and foster employee motivation and accountability.
- Actively participate in weekly Human Resources conference calls with other sites and
- Develop progressive programs and policies to assist the engagement and retention of Companyâs employees.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE 1. Previous Related Work Experience Preferred
- Minimum of Ten Years in Human Resources Manager role, preferably in the Mining or other Natural Resources Industry
2. Education Required
- BS degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management, or similar discipline, MS Degree is desirable
3. Special Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Salary and benefit plan administration
- Familiarity with applicable laws and regulatory compliance
- Recruitment skills
- Labour Relations and/or union free background is helpful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
4. Special Equipment/Computer Knowledge Required
- WORD, Excel, and Power Point software programs