Our Client is seeking a dynamic, motivated Long-Range Planning Engineer to be based in Arizona, in a highly accessible/commutable urban location. This is an exciting opportunity to become a valued member of their producing, multi-property Copper/Base Metals company. The Company is Canadian based and focused on growth and sustainability in politically stable, mining friendly jurisdictions.
The Long-Range Planning Engineer will generate and implement mine plans from 3 month plans until end-of-mine life. Additionally, this role will provide management with a coherent and realistic overall mine development goal and assist in the generation of annual budgets.
- Ability to create and implement long range mine plans including:
- material sequencing
- metal delivery
- access planning
- pit optimization and design
- reconciliation of haulage and productivity parameters
- dump design and sequencing
- stockpile strategy
- leach pad design and sequencing
- Understanding of drill-blast-load-haul open pit mining sequencing
- Experience in the following areas strongly preferred: Cone Optimization, Scheduling, Pit Design, short-range planning
- Experience in the following is considered a plus: Geotechnical experience, grade control, dispatch experience, operations experience, and financial analysis pertaining to Copper (fleet studies/trade off studies)
- Ability/Desire to work in a dynamic, high-functioning, cross-disciplinary team to achieve operational goals
- Experience or aptitude for leading/managing others
- Minimum 5 years mine engineering experience. Open pit preferred.
- S. degree in Mine Engineering or related field
- Experience with Minesight preferred â experience with Vulcan software favorable.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong promotional opportunity/upward mobility
- Safe and high-commutable location
- Team based, collaborative environment that values its employees
- Full suite of Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance plans â effective immediately
- 401k with competitive company contribution
- Savings & Employee Share Purchase plan available
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Leadership/Development Training Programs available