Our client, a process metallurgical services company based in Reno NV, has been successfully serving the mining industry for over 40 years. They have routinely expanded their client base and service capabilities domestically and internationally.
The Assistant Lab Manager will be involved with the day-to-day, safe operation, plant improvements, economic development, instrumentation, quality control, and trouble-shooting problems within the analytical and metallurgical laboratories.
Must be able to provide knowledge in the following: experimental design, testing, data evaluation and reporting within the laboratory setting.
Will work closely with lab staff and outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of lab operation and maintaining of equipment.
Expected to direct, train, and evaluate skills of subordinates and provide coaching for development of in-house personnel.
The successful candidate will possess the capabilities to manage projects both inhouse and commercial through all aspects of development from proposal, sample receipt, test work commission and final reporting.
Must be a team leader with excellent communication skills and be able to provide technical assistance and analysis to clients and in-house personnel.
To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, or relevant work experience required
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex metallurgical and processing analysis, hands-on practical application of the process optimization is highly preferred
- Able to research, analyze information, and draw conclusions, and take action to resolve operational, environmental issues, permit compliance and problem resolution required 4. Proficiency in multiple software applications and network platforms required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Knowledge of gold metallurgy and testing protocol or operational experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Technical experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
- Ability to work within and construct a team environment that creates and enhances the corporate structure through understanding and capture of future opportunities required
- Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of the position required