In a high-tech, innovative, and market-leader space, the candidate plans and implements sales and marketing programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing forecasts and operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, social media, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss margins and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee the momentum and achievement of marketing objectives.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and achieve sales and marketing programs and goals. Motivates and empowers staff to achieve goals.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and monitors expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing bookings, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Provides customer and market insights for product research and development.
Manages and directs onsite and field staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve Company goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of ten years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques and financial principles including margin analysis, lease and financing models, and return on investment. Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with management, internal and external customers.