SUMMARY: This senior Resource Modeler for our corporate office in Reno, Nevada will report to the Vice President Exploration and will lead the geologic and mineral resource modeling programs for the Companys operations and exploration/development properties in Mexico and Canada and participate in project evaluations and due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions. In addition, the Senior Resource Modeler will complete reconciliation at operating mines, oversee Clients assay database, and provide support to mine operations such as ore control as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop quality resource models for operating mines, development projects and feasibility studies in coordination with geologists and engineers.
- Develop resource models in support of corporate M&A work, due diligence studies, and other corporate business development efforts.
- Work with exploration team as necessary to create models of exploration projects or exploration acquisition targets.
- Complete timely model reconciliation vs production actuals for operating mines in coordination with mine site geologists and engineers.
- May be required to assist with ore control special projects at operating mines or assist in the development of ore control procedures at new projects.
- Oversee Argonauts corporate assay database for exploration and resource development.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and other materials for technical reports, general meetings, Board meetings, investor relations and M&A opportunities.
- Will be required to sign off as Qualified Person for resource work on technical reports, news releases, and the like.
- Develop plans and budgets for modeling programs and assure proper execution.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and environmentally-oriented manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a BS in geology, engineering or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5 10 years experience in mining and resource modeling including at least 5 years experience in resource modeling and mine geology or mine engineering experience at producing operations.
- Thorough understanding of geostatistics, block modeling and resource estimation.
- Thorough knowledge of databases and data quality control / quality assurance (QAQC)
- Must have Qualified Person (QP) status or have the ability to quickly obtain QP status for mineral resource estimation and related reporting as defined by Canadian NI 43-101 Standards.
- Proficiency in 3D geological modeling software required, with experience using Minesight or Vulcan or equivalent and Leapfrog software packages preferred.
- Strong geological interpretive skills are essential.
- Self-motivated with demonstrate leadership and decision-making abilities and strong project execution skills.
- Values-oriented as a high level of confidentiality is required in this position as well as flexibility, honesty, and attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to safety, health, environment and community.
- Experience managing technical teams in support of underground and open pit mining environments.
- Strong communication and administration skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English would be highly regarded.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position reports directly to the Vice President Exploration. This position may require supervision of one or more employees or contractors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree in Geology, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
TRAVEL REQIREMENT: This position will require frequent travel between 25% and 50% including travel to remote locations and mine sites.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: High skill level and ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to provide concrete solutions to a variety of problems that arise in each of the companies departments.