Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact as a senior leader? If you have more than 5 years of maintenance leadership and mobile equipment experience, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
Our Client is seeking a General Maintenance Manager to direct all Mine & Mill division maintenance activities and projects at our operations. This position will oversee engineering, maintenance and technical support staff. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the required experience and skills to ensure that the division has a high level of mobile and plant equipment availability to meet production goals.
Successful candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years of maintenance leadership experience to include hands-on experience with mobile equipment.
- Oversee long range planning & identify what areas need improvement, set up leadership groups to discuss needs and priorities. Assign appropriate people to manage development of projects; manage progress of projects.
- Manage maintenance activities of each operation and project to ensure they are on track and the appropriate people are assigned to each site and inspect work.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with key vendors, set agenda, discuss problems and possible solutions. Bring vendors in to train employees on their equipment, parts, processes, etc.
- Keep track and control maintenance department and project budgets. Have quarterly meetings with General Manager to review budget.
- Participate in weekly meetings; provide reports, presentations, speeches and facilitation as needed.
- Effectively evaluate and develop direct reports using effective performance management and coaching techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of leadership experience in industrial maintenance, maintenance engineering or operations maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required.
- Capital project management skills and experience required.
- Vendor management experience.
- Budget and forecasting experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written), able to offer technical expertise and guidance, building rapport with department team members and external departments.
- Continuous Improvement orientation, originating action to improve existing conditions and processes and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Ability to generate ideas, and implement solutions.
- MSHA/OSHA knowledge.
- Valid current driver’s license.
- The ability to work underground.
- Strong knowledge of both surface and underground mobile equipment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency using MSO (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) coupled with exposure to financial, time keeping and people management systems and databases.