Summary: Working closely with site management team and reporting to CEO/CFO the Country Business Manager/Commercial Manager will be responsible for directing all activities for site mining operations including Finance/Accounting, HR, IT, Health & Safety, Administrative, and Engineering functions. The successful candidate will be accountable for the financial success of the operation through analysis, budgeting and planning activities to ensure annual objectives are delivered to drive short and long-term financial performance. This role will ensure the delivery of the team’s strategic objectives in a way that is action oriented, value added and in line with the company’s core values.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Plan, direct and lead the mining operation to ensure successful operational delivery and team effectiveness with a top priority on safety standards and processes
- Create management team synergy; manage diversity and promote a high-performance culture to align the overall team to meet business unit objectives and core values
- Accountable for the and preparation and management of all capital and operating plans budgets, project management, and taking appropriate action to remain within established and related goals
- Optimize the financial performance of the mine and continually adhering to budget targets for mine production, operating costs and development activities
- Utilize cost reporting systems to ensure reliable, accurate and timely delivery of reports, budgets and forecasts to management
- Meet established deadlines for submitting daily, weekly and monthly production and performance reports for internal and external (as required) communications as require
- Approve and authorize the different budgets in all areas with cost control as a goal.
- Ability to manage vendors, contractors, purchase orders.
- Understanding of and ability to manage and use JD Edwards system
- 10+ years of mining industry experience working in challenging and difficult mining environments
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in senior mining leadership roles
- University degree in mining, engineering, or related field
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Strong knowledge and understanding of mining, operations and finance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large teams.
- A demonstrated leader in culture change with a proven track record in sustainable change leadership.
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural and multidiscipline environments.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and technical complexity.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, relationship management and partnership building skills.
- Strong financial skills (analysis, budgeting, planning).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)