Summary: Our client is looking for an effective and driven Safety Manager. This leader will provide subject matter expertise & oversight to our plant processes, programs and practices for employee health and safety which may include conducting risk assessment, managing, maintaining and monitoring compliance with federal and state rules and regulations regarding safe work procedures and practices in order to drive results and promote a safe workplace.
This position is located in scenic southeastern Missouri and will actively serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team for the Metals division.
As a safety manager, there’s opportunity to drive, influence change and make a difference! You’ll even receive full benefits starting day 1.
Successful candidates must have:
- At least 8-10 years demonstrated experience and proven success leading industrial health and safety, preferably within a manufacturing or plant environment
- Over 2 years of experience supervising, mentoring, motivating and leading others
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree preferably with a focus in Management, Engineering, Industrial Safety and/or Hygiene, or similarly related field
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment (daily required to wear respirator)
- Eager to motivate others coupled with ability to hold them accountable
- Develop and implement safety & health policies, procedures, programs, and practices at the Company facilities
- Provide division leadership as an active member of the management team
- Manage the Company Metals Division medical program
- Responsible for planning and project management of safety and health related engineering and administrative projects
- Maintain, monitoring and report on blood lead program for the operation
- Manage, maintain, monitor and report on safety and health related issues associated with the change house.
- Participate as a member of the Leadership team to lead a safety committee and provide input to support risk assessment for major company projects and impact decisions associated with division goals and priorities
- Supervise and lead performance for a team of professionals
- Serve as resident OSHA expert and partner with government agencies as required.
- Experience providing guidance and leadership relating to hazard identification and risk assessment
- Proficiency with Industrial Processes and Equipment, including applicable codes and standards is preferred (Hazmat, Haze Whopper)
- Ability to identify the root cause of an issue and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong project management skills to include experience in all phases of the full project life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain business relationships at all levels within the organization