Summary – Our client provides design and construction services to the mining (primarily u/g), and tunneling industries; in addition to offering their services for civil projects such dam wall construction, rock walls, soil stabilization etc. From the Arctic to the Andes, they have completed over $2 billion worth of mining and construction development projects in their fifty year existence.
We are helping them to identify a Project Engineer who will ensure timely and quality results with responsibilities for safety and cost performance.
They will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Lead project estimate review and hand-off, start-up, monthly interim, and close-out meetings.
- Facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants including architects, owners, and subcontractors.
- Review project plans for constructability and cost feasibility; assist with project risk assessments and prepare scope of work matrices.
- Analyze and manage project progress, costs, budgets, and cash flows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering, with at least 3-5 years of related experience.
- Proficiency with scheduling, spreadsheets (Excel, Word), cost control, and project management software. Microsoft Project or other construction programs preferred.
- Solid understanding of value engineering, life cycle costing, and project profit/cost processes.
- Ability to travel to project work sites.
- Valid driver s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work within a complex business as an active participant in driving safety, quality, schedule and cost performance, demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans.
- Developed written, oral, and listening skills in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously and priorities under time constraints.
- Authorized to work in the USA without company sponsorship.