Summary – Our client is a world class mining company with operations around the globe. We are helping them to identify a number of Principal Mine Engineer for one of their underground mines in Northern Canada. Reporting to the Manager, Mine Technical Services this person will provide technical leadership for the underground mine engineering function with a focus on developing timely and insightful technical mining information for the operations team to execute.
They will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the technical management system ensuring integrity of information flow and timeliness of delivery for operational and management purposes.
- Integrate geotechnical modelling, monitoring and ground support assessment and recommendations into mining designs, ensuring that recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure best practice modelling and reserve definition as required for development/ production design and scheduling.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly progress against schedule and provide technical leadership to the team were variance needs to be corrected.
- Assist and support the Mine Operations team to identify and implement operational performance opportunities.
- Provide through assessment and communication of mining risks.
- Provide coverage for the Manager during absences and on-call requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering with at least 15 years of technical experience in underground mining.
- Competency in Risk Management and Risk Assessment.
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement world class technical systems for underground development and production operations.
- Capability to provide technical leadership to a diverse technical team.
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative and the ability to constructively challenge.