Summary: Our client is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America and
we are helping them identify a Plant Manager for one of their quarries in North Carolina.
Reporting directly to the Area Operations Manager, this person will direct and manage all operational
facets for a 1.2 million ton per year aggregate operation. Providing leadership through example in
maintenance, safety, quality and other production related activities:
They will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Plan and direct the daily operations of a 1,200,000 ton/year quarry producing crushed stone.
- Effectively and proactively administer company safety program ensuring compliance with MSHA rules and regulations,
- Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner,
- Prepare operational schedule and coordinate production activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications,
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays,
- Establish key inventoried items needed for all maintenance, repair and operational items for the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree with mining-related discipline or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of quarry management experience with prior P/L responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid understanding of government regulations and demonstrated ability to impact safe working practices