Summary:If you are looking for an opportunity to use your leadership skills and manufacturing expertise in a dynamic work environment, then this may be the job for you.
This Operations Manager is key to business success and will drive results. Responsibilities include managing and developing operational systems and people necessary to achieve plan targets for environmental, safety, quality, EBITA, and unit cost.
Successful candidates must have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in technical / engineering field OR business degree with significant experience in metals industry OR business degree with manufacturing industry experience AND experience as commissioned officer in armed forces
- At least 10 years demonstrated experience & proven success managing production / operations to including at least 3 years leading teams greater than 100+ direct reports (larger organization experience preferred)
- Expertise in Project Management & EPCM (Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management)
- Proven experience Improving Safety & Environmental Performance & Culture
- Manage operations – lead & direct plant operations for the multiple plants in order to meet monthly production targets.
- Deliver results on production, safety and environmentally compliant manner.
- Manage & monitor budget – responsible for develop, monitor and oversee & attainment production budget.
- Safety & Environmental compliance – oversee supervisors who lead & direct employees to ensure safety & environmental compliance. Work as a team to lead & develop safety and environmental initiatives in all departments.
- Support leadership team support the leadership team in directing the facility. Provide proactive input and leadership on all aspects of the facility.
- Lead & Manage Others – conduct performance discussions, coach & develop employees. Lead according to Company vision & values.
- Experience developing and implementing Operational Systems & Processes
- Experience managing budgets and forecasting business needs
- Ability and eagerness to be on-call, work flexible schedules
- 10 years of experience leading and mentoring others is preferred
- Knowledge of pyro metallurgy preferred