We are currently seeking a Senior Mining Engineer with engineering/design, construction, and/or operations experience. Following is a general description of responsibilities and qualifications required for this position…
- Provide mining engineering and design services for underground mine studies (scoping, prefeasibility, feasibility, and detailed design), development, and construction projects
- Lead or develop designs, schedules, and cost estimates for study components such as production plans, mine access and development plans, material handling systems, mine services (backfill, water management, ventilation, and power supply/distribution), maintenance, and general/administrative
- Integrate with other engineering disciplines, such as civil/structural, mechanical, and electrical
- Manage engineering projects (scheduling, budgeting, earned value reporting, and quality and cost control)
- Oversee preparation of mining engineering drawings
- Write/contribute to proposals, project control, and study reports
- Sign and seal mining engineering drawings and reports, as required
- Assist the contracting group with business development and tendering work
- Mentor intermediate mining engineering staff
- Provide back-up and support to the General Manager, Engineering when required
- Education: Degree in Mining Engineering from an accredited university or technical institute, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Experience: 10-15 years (min.) of relevant engineering experience, preferably with underground mining, infrastructure and/or shaft engineering.
- Professional Registration: PE or Peng. designation.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: The applicant must have strong problem solving and communication skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision, and be willing to work in the office and field. Candidates must have experience with relevant discipline engineering software. Strong organizational and time management skills are expected as well as a firm understanding of applicable Mining and Safety Acts, Regulations, and Codes.