Director – VP Exploration & Development – FILLED
|Title:||Director – VP Exploration & Development|
|Location:||Colombia, S.A., Vancouver, BC, CAN|
|Compensation:||Market Priced – DOE + bonus and options|
|Relocation:||Open – FIFO|
Reports to: CEO
Our Client is a very well financed organization with a top notch management team and a significant track record of success. They have backing from some of the world’s top natural resource investors. Their efforts are presently focused on the exploration of a large porphry gold-copper project in Colombia.
Responsibilities and skills (not in the order of priorities):
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in mineral exploration with the emphasis on porphyry deposits
- Ability to develop geological models for advancing exploration programs using the existing and extensive geological, geophysical and litho-geochemical data
- Superior and sensitive people management skills
- Well-developed ability to liaise with Project Chief Geologist to develop drill programs and identification and definition of new targets
- Ability to work effectively with other members of senior management, including Project Chief Geologist and Colombian Management
- Familiarity and understanding of the 43-101 resource estimate process, PEA and eventually pre-feasibility studies
- Familiarity with Gemcom/Surpac
- Superior communication skills; ability to put together effective presentations to communicate with members of the Board, investors, analysts, site visitors, etc.
- Some Spanish (desirable but not essential)
Location Flexible but expected to spend extensive periods of time in Vancouver and Colombia, at the project site.
Robert Schultz, President MRC corp.
MRC – Executive Search for Mining Professionals